Dawson Academy – Treatment Planning Functional Aesthetic Excellence
Core Curriculum for Dentists
The Dawson Academy UK provides advanced postgraduate dental education and is led by Senior Faculty Member of The Dawson Academy, Dr Ian Buckle. With a teaching staff of over 20 practicing dentists from around the world, our students receive a unique one to one experience and learn from the successes and mistakes our faculty have made on their own journeys to providing complete care to their patients.
The courses in our Core Curriculum will not only teach you how to become a physician of the masticatory system but will provide you with a checklist style approach to dentistry that will show you the path to long term success for any case. We utilise state of the art, hands-on learning techniques to ensure students can implement the concepts and skills in their practices immediately.
We recommend first completing ”Examination and Records” and ”Treatment Planning Functional Aesthetic Excellence” in any order.
Afterwards we recommend doing ”The Art and Science of Equilibration” and ”Aesthetic Foundations I – Restoring Anterior Teeth” in any order.
This course provides the participant with a programmed approach to predictably diagnose and treatment plan cases from the simplest to the most complex. Special emphasis will be placed on the four options of treatment (reshaping, repositioning, restoring and surgical correction), so that the correct option(s) are chosen for each patient. Additionally, each student will learn how to segment large treatment plans, so that patients with financial issues can receive optimum care over time. The focus of the programme is to integrate a comprehensive treatment planning process into your practice. Recommendations based on best practices are discussed to assist you with creating a space in your busy schedule for optimum treatment planning. Finally, a consultation process will be discussed in detail, ensuring each participant will enjoy a healthy case acceptance rate.
You will learn a programmed approach to diagnosis and treatment planning. Utilising the standardised records taught in Records and Examination, each dentist will learn how to visualise optimum dentistry from an aesthetic, functional, biological and structural perspective.
- Establish a step-by-step process for treatment planning any restorative case, from the simplest to the most complex.
- Explore why 90% of mistakes occur not during the restorative phase, but rather during the treatment planning process.
- Plan and visualise ideal aesthetics and ideal function.
- Discover the need for/value of quality records.
- Master all of the critical checklists used to treatment plan every case.
- Investigate how the teeth should be positioned in space for optimum esthetics, phonetics and function.
- Identify specifically how to utilise the diagnostic photographs in conjunction with mounted diagnostic models to visualise an optimum course of treatment.
- Work on actual study casts to apply these concepts.
- Develop an ideal, efficient and profitable treatment sequence for each case.
- Create a segmented treatment plan so that optimum care can be delivered over a longer period of time.
- Organise your schedule and create a treatment planning process within your practice.
Course dates in the UK
- 14-16 November, 2019, The Dawson Academy UK, Wirral
- 14-16 May, 2019, The Dawson Academy UK, Wirral
Read more and register for the course in Wirral, UK here - sign up for the course in Scandinavia below